click to follow

Saturday 8 September 2018

Serendipity 1

Royz
I rushed to my car and drove speedily down the highway! Fuck it, if im stopped by the police, i swear I'd just run them over. Tonight is my wedding anniversary and I'd promised my wife that I'd be home early to take her out; but as usual, work overwhelmed me and I had a seriously one track mind.

I looked up from my laptop and picked up my phone- where I met 10 missed calls from my wife! I'd tried calling her but she didn't pick up and I guess she's angry at me. That was when I picked up my car keys and left work. I considered stopping over to get a bottle of champagne, but I'm sure it'd get me late than anticipated.


I drove into our duplex and parked at the garage.. Then I rushed into the house.. The door was locked. I pressed the bell and no body answered me. I was puzzled.. I used my keys and entered the house. Absolute silence greeted me. What's happening? I didn't hear the usual sound of our baby babbling, my younger brother's music or my wife's laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment