click to follow

Sunday 3 June 2018

My fuck date


Fred
Life as a struggling actor can be frustrating which clearly explains the meaning of struggle. Those days you go hungry just so you get transport fare for auditions, those demeaning things one had to do to make career ends meet, no cash was coming in but the joy of doing what you love maximized the utility I craved for.


I studied Theater Arts in the prestigious university of Ibadan, took numerous courses in the field of film and Cinematography and also acquired some skill in practical by joining various drama groups. knowledge wise, I am rich, and I've been told countless times that I am the future of moving pictures and it is better in my hands than anyone.
Despite my formidable CV in the theater world, I still haven't gotten my big break, the industry does not know me, I have been in front of cameras but not with ace directors or the big cakes in the industry, so many free jobs I did to just send my name out there to someone who will love me enough to believe in me.



This wait of mine is five years and it has start to mess with my being, I kept on going but instead of getting what I want, i got the flip side of the coin, offers were coming but as a lecturer! This was good news to people around me but It wasn't to  me, it made me feel like I never will live that life I dream of daily, my mother managed to convince me, saying it could be a blessing in disguise and I should see it more as an encouragement and not a curse.
My mom is a pastor and she knows how to use to scripture to pass her message across, I was pinned to the edge of my thoughts until I start to reconsider being a lecturer in the theater arts, over time; I started to convince myself saying it is better than nothing.

I went through my emails on the eve of my birthday; I went through the mails sent to me by various institution, i weighed them and I considered the University of Calabar and the University of Abuja, both attractive and the pay was reasonable, first; I called the University of Abuja and they told me the offer was closed, the job have been given out. It didn't get me sad, instead I was irritated at myself for thinking a job offered to me nine months ago could still be available, I got discouraged and didn't call my second option, until I was persuaded again by my mother.

I called UNICAL and they confirmed to me that the job was still very much available and they have been praying I call. Reluctantly, I told them I will join them as soon as I can. A month later, after dangerous thoughts and further persuasions from folks and friends, I decided to go to Calabar, it seem to  be where God is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment